National Education Society (R)
Major Activities during the year in the sphere of extension activities and Institutional Social Responsibility.
Major activities in the sphere of extension activities
1. On 21-06-2015” international yoga day” was celebrated NSS in our college student hostel. 30 students of our college were participated. Principal and teaching staff also participated in this programme.
2. From 26-07-2015 to 01-08-2015 intercollegiate University level NSS camp was organised at Sahyadri Arts and Commerce College Shimoga. NSS volunteers of our college namely, Kumari.Fathima S.B. ,Kumari.Pooja M. & Kumari, Shruthi D.R participated.
3.NSS Unit-1 &Unit-11inaugural function on 08-08-2015 at Kuvempu hall of our college.prof. Gowdera Shivanna was the chief guest. The principal our college Dr.R.M.Jagadeesh presided over the function.
4.Debate and drawing competition was held in our college on the eve of “international youth day” to prevent and control the HIV/AIDs from 10-08-2015 to 12-08-2015.
5.On 15th -08-2015 Independent day was celebrated . On the eve of “the Swatch Barath Andolana “cleaning of the college premises by NSS students was undertaken.
6.District level debate and drawing competition was organised in our college on 26-08-2015 to prevent HIV\AIDS on the eve of” International Youth Day celebration”.
7. 2016th Republic day pre-parade selection camp was conducted at Mangalore University campus from 07-09-2016 to09-09-2016. Our college NSS volunteers Kumari, Anupama V, IIIB.A. Participated.
8.Teacher’s day was celebrated on September 5th 2015 at Kuvempu hall in our college.
9.participation of our college NSS volunteers in the national seminar on “the view of Swamy Vivekananda and Mahatma Gandhiji about Service, Society& Individual” held from 11-09-2015 to12-09-2015 two days at J.C.B.M College Shringeri.
10.on September 2015 with the collaboration of ATNC college we celebrated Kuvempu University level NSS day at chandana sabangana ATNCC shimoga.
11. on 02 october 2015 by shramadana NSS volunteers celebrated Gandhi Jayanti in our college.
12. dated from 06-10-2015-10-10-2015 state level NSS festival was conducted in Shanti Arts,Science and Commerce college at Malvalli in Mandya district. In this programme our college NSS volunteer Kumar.iRevati R.D represented the Kuvempu University.
13. On 10-12-2015 world Aids day was celebrated in association with cultural association of our college.
14.Shimoga district level NSS camp was held in morarji desai residential school sanyasi koppa at Shikaripura taluk from 03-01-2016 to 09-01-2016. In this camp our college NSS volunteers kumara. Archana IIIB.A, kumara, Megha L,C IIIB.A , kumara, Nandini G,&kumara, Pushpashree IIB.A participated.
15.On 04-01-2016 our college NSS officers prof .A.L.Rudramma and Dr. D.G.Ramesh participated one day workshop held at Dr.B.R.Ambedkar bhavan Shimoga.
16. One week special NSS camp was held at Kanasinakatte village Bhadravathi taluk from 15.01.16 to 21-01-2016.Personlity development, community some awareness programmes were organised.
17. Our college NSS volunteer kumara. Rashmi participated in national integrated camp conducted by Alvas college at Moodbidre from 29-01-2016 to 04-02-2016.
NSS volunteers are attended the different programmes,
a . Kumari, Samprada attended international Yoga day at Ujjire on 20-06-2015,
b. Kumari,Anupama selected for RD Parade camp on 07-09-2015 at mangalore.
c. Kumari, Archana & Rashmi participated national seminar at shringere on 11-09-2015.
d. Kumari, Revati R.D. Participated NSS Day at malavalli Mandya district on 06-10-2015.
e. Kumari, Archana , Megha , Nandini and Kumari, Pushpashree were attended NSS D C camp at shikaripura on 03-01-2016.
d. Kumari Rashmi Participated National integration camp at moodabidre on 28-01-2016.
18.On 23-03-2016 NSS day was celebrated . Sree Mallappa the secretary of NES spoke on valedictory speech. The chief guest was Dr.Kundan Basavaraj NSS co-ordinator Kuvempu university Shankaraghatta. The programme was prsided over by Dr. R.M.Jagadish the principal of our college.
1.on 09-08-2015 Kumari Vandana M.C secured I st place in 800 mts Running Race & iv th place in 1500 mts Running Race, IIIrd place in 4x100mts in Relay, IIIrd place in 4x400 in Relay in Karnataka state junior and senior state athletic championship held at Kanteerava stadium Bangalore.
2.on 09-08-2015 Kumari Nandini secured IIIrd place 4x100 mts Relay and IIIrd place in 4x400mts Relay in Karnataka state junior and senior state athletic championship at Kanteerava stadium Bangalore.
3. From 31-08-2015 to 01-09-2015 Kuvempu University Intercollegiate cross country tournament held at Ripponpet ,Kumari Vandana M.C got Ist place and college team secured IIIrd place of team championship.
4. Kumari Supriya IIIB.COM, Kumari Shruthi T.R. I B.COM and Kumari Vandana M.C IIIrd B. A.Received Rs 15000 Kuvempu University Sports person Scholarship.
The following students made achievements in the Kuvempu University athletic meet held from 29-10-2015 to31-10-2015.
1.Vandana M.C III B.A -800mts Running Race ,1500mts in Running Race.
2.Nandini II B.A- 100mts Hurdles Ist
3.Shwrtha I B.COM- 5000mts Running Race IIIrd place.
4.College team – 4x100mts Relay &4x100mts Relay.
Kumari Sindhu I B.COM and Kumari Sangeetha Ib.A participated in state volley ball league tournament held at Shimoga on 27-10-2015 to 30-10-2015.
5. On 23-03-2016 Sports day was celebrated . Sree Mallappa the secretary of NES spoke on valedictory speech. The chief guest was Dr.Kundan Basavaraj NSS co-ordinator Kuvempu university Shankaraghatta. Sree Edward Pinto Vice-president of Bharathia Red Cross and Sree H.S.Parameshwara circle inspector BMTC Bangalore .Smt. Prof. A.L.Rudramma was present in the programme .The programme was prsided over by Dr. R.M.Jagadish the principal of our college.
Youth Red Cross (YRC)
i. on 18.08.15 youth red corss inaugurated by Dr.P.R.Sudendra , Famous orthopaedic specialist, Shimoga. Chief guest S.P.Dinesh former syndicate member of Kuvempu University, shankaraghatta. Co-ordinator prof. Umesh V.was presented. The function was presided over by the principal of our college Dr.R.M.Jagadeesh.
ii. On 21.09.15 Blood donation awareness workshopprogramme was inaugurated by Ashwatnarayan treasurer of NES , chief guest of this programme awas Vijay kumar, district president of blood donation institution shimoga.
iii. Special lecturer on “youth red cross as social service “byProf .Kirandesai Rtd, kannada professor kamala Nehru college, Shimoga. on 27.01.16.
iv.On 23-03-2016 Sports day was celebrated . Sree Mallappa the secretary of NES spoke on valedictory speech. The chief guest was Dr.Kundan Basavaraj NSS co-ordinator Kuvempu university Shankaraghatta. Sree Edward Pinto Vice-president of Bharathia Red Cross. Smt. Prof. A.L.Rudramma was present .The programme was prsided over by Dr. R.M.Jagadish the principal of our college.
i. 21.09.14 inauguration of Rotaract Club.
ii. 12-08.15 Training on effective public speaking.
iii. 30-01-16 skill development training.
1. Speech competition on 4-8-2015 on the eve of 68th Year of Quit India movement. Subject ; “The Role of Khadi in Quite India Movement”.
2.Speech and essay competition on 7-8-2015 on the eve of birth cent unary year of Sir D. Devaraj Urs, former chief minister of Karnataka.
3.Radio talk by Dr.Balakrishna Hegde, Head of the dept. Of History on Rememberance of Mahatma Ghandhiji’s visit to Shimoga district on 22.08.2015.
4.Participation of our college students in the state level cultural competition held at Mysore from 3rd Sept.2015 to 5th Sept 2015.
5.Cultural Association Inaugural function on 25-08-2015.Smt Smita Bijjur Additional conservator of Forest . Dept of forest . Govt of Karnataka , was the chief guest , NES, Secretary Sri N.T.Narayana Rao, corporator Sri Ideal Gopi were present.
6.College students participated in Kuvempu University Youth festival Sahyadri Utsave; 2015 & bagged 9 prizes.
7. National Youth Day on the eve of Swamy Vivekananda birth day on 12-01-2015 was organised . Thinkers and former M.L.A. of Teerthahalli; Sri Patanaik Ratnakar was the chief guest . Principal Dr. R.M.Jagadeesh presided over the function.
8. On 14-01-2016 film promotion of kannada film ‘Jwalnatam’ was organised.
9. On 21-01-2016 a Special lecture on freedom fighter Sri Lala Lajapat Rao, Tatyatope was organised . Prof. T.N.Prabhakar Additional Director of Collegiate education Dept. Was the main speaker. Principal Dr.R.M.Jagadeesh presided over the function.
10.On 15-08-2015 Independence day was celebrated.
11. On26-01-2016 Republic day was celebrated.
12.On 26-01-2016 National Voters day was celebrated . Kuvempu University Registrar Dr.C.M.Tyagaraj was the chief guest.
13. On30-02-2016 Martyrs day was celebrated.
14. On30-02-2016 National Independence day was celebrated.
15. The college day was celebrated on 30-03-2016 at Dr.B.R Ambedkar Bhavan Shimoga. The valedictory speech by Sree Ravi D Channananavar IPS District Police Superintendent Shimoga. Porf. C.MTagaraj deputy registrar Examination Kuvempu University Shankaraghatta. Distributed the prizes to the students and Shree H.M .Mallappa Secretary of NES was the chief guest the programme was presided over by Dr.R.M.Jagadish the principal of our college.
16. On 14-04-2016 Dr.B.R.Ambedkar’s Jayanthi was celebrated in the college. Principal prof. Ramappa gowda was presided over the function , Dr.Onkarappa A.P talked about the Ambedkar about his contribution to the constitution of india. Prof.M.Huchia talked about Ambedkar’s life and achievements.
National Cadet Corps
Thirteen girls joined NCC during the academic year 2014-15. Two girls attended national
Integration camp. All the national festivals were celebrated at college campus.
1. One girl 3rd place in the Rifle shooting competition at national level.
On 26-04-2016 a programme was conducted by magazine committee to honour Dr.H.V Subrahmanya who is renowned industrialist the recipient of honorary Doctorate by Kuvempu University. The students of our college conducted his interview for the magazine.
Copyright © KNMNC 2014, All Rights Reserved
Best viewed in 1024 X 768 resolution with MSIE 7+